Sunday, April 25, 2010

My 60th birthday weekend - Friday, April 9, 2010

This was one I just didn't want to make a big deal about.  Kate was great about it. We had a pretty cool weekend starting on Friday with a trip to nostalgia.  We had breakfast a the Fireside Inn in Wauconda, about half way between where I lived from 0 - 9 and where I lived from 9 - 18. 

This is definately more of a local after work and dinner place.  We were the only customers for breakfast, but it was pretty good. I especially liked the sausage.  After breakfast we headed for McHenry dam...my favorite place to walk and think.  But I had no idea how much they had expanded the trails.  I lead us down the wrong path, got lost, and we ended up walking at least two hours longer than expected. 
By the time we dragged ourselves back to the car, it was mid afternoon and we were hungry again, so we went to one of my favorite hot dog stands in Volo.


No comments:

Post a Comment